I haven't even completed posting about our last trip before planning my next international foray. That's right, this morning I bought a ticket to Thailand! I just felt the need to travel, so I pulled out my trusty atlas and a needle, then closed my eyes and vowed to go wherever the needle landed.
Ha! Yeah right. I might be spontaneous, but not that spontaneous.
No, really, I'm going to Chiang Mai, Thailand July 2 - 8 (well, I'll be spending on night in KL because I'll be flying through there) to visit my parents during their tour de munde. Seriously, they really are touring the world (work-related touring, but still touring)... Delhi, India; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Melbourne, Australia (hmm... I wonder who they'll be visiting there?); and Hong Kong, to name a few of their destinations. I figured, why not piggy-back on their vacation to a) spend some more time with them, and b) see a little bit more of the world? Hence the trip.
Unfortunately Will won't be joining me on this trip... the whole "real job" thing kind of frowns on unlimited vacation days. But we're planning on going back to Thailand together at some point to visit Phuket and Bangkok, so he's not missing out completely! Not to mention, he'll get to spend plenty of time with the inlaws when they come stay in our little one bedroom apartment with us for a week. Now that'll be fun.
Well, I have to go pry a little wet dog off our bed. Sidestory: this morning I decided to take Darcy on a walk and she decides that she is absolutely in love with mud puddles (it's been raining a lot lately), so she spends the entire walk running full speed ahead through every puddle she sees. Well, I decide it's time to head back because this puddle-love is getting out of hand, and, of course, it starts raining-- hard-- on the way back, so now we're both all wet. I immediately put my very dirty dog in the bathtub and scrub her off, and then take my own shower, but she used all of my hot water and I forgot to get a towel for me so I have to use her stinky one. Then, when I won't let her on the couch because she's all wet, she runs to the bed, hops on, and stares at me as if to say, "Yeah, I'm smarter than you. What you gonna do about it?"
We'll just see how snarky she is when she has to spend a week holed up in the bedroom because her favorite dog walker is in Thailand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So fun and I am so jealous! That is awesome you get to go to Thailand...yay! So cool! It sounds like your parents coming to visit will be fun too...small apartment...4 people + hyper doggy...haha...that will be a good post for sure! Darcy liking mud puddles...too cute, but doesn;t sound like fun to clean up! Take care!!!!
ReplyDelete