Monday, February 2, 2009

Last Day... No Time

So today is our last day in the United States for quite some time. Believe it or not there is a lot to do before our flight at 6:55 pm. I wish I had more time to blog about this past weekend--it was really a great time with family and friends, all who will be missed dearly. I'll probably have to write some retroactive posts once Will and I land safely in Melbourne. But for now, allow me to share our itinerary for those who wish to know where we are at all times (and for those who are looking for a chance to feel smug about not having to fly 20-plus hours):

Depart Atlanta: Monday, 6:55 pm (EST)
Arrive LA: Monday, 9:05 pm (PST)
Flying time: 5 hrs., 10 min.

Depart LA: Monday, 11:15 pm (PST)
Arrive Melbourne: Wednesday, 9:40 am (Melbourne time??)
Flying time: 15 hrs., 25 min.

Those of you who are a little slow on the uptake, yes, we are departing Monday and getting there Wednesday (stupid international date line). We are assured, however, that we will regain the lost day on the way back. I'm thinking I'll fly back on my birthday and get to celebrate two days in a row.

But for now...

So long, friends... see you on the other side!

2 comments:

  1. Will and Kim,
    Jay and I wish you the best! Have a great adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still SO jealous and cannot believe you all are gone and I guess right now as I sit at work...5pm on Wednesday...it is 9am on Thursday for ya'll?!? CRAZY!! Miss you already...hope you are LOVING it and having a blast! Can't wait for the first blog post!!

    ReplyDelete