Saturday, November 6, 2010

More Trips

OK, just one more paper to go... I can do this.

[Side note: apparently they don't call assignments "papers" here. I emailed my boss and told him that I was having "paper issues" so I would be coming in later that day, and he was extremely confused. He even asked the office if they thought I might be "stuck on the toilet." How am I just finding this stuff out??]

But as promised, I said I would reveal the exciting travel itinerary Will and I have coming up. So here it is!

On Tuesday (the day after I hand in my last assignment) I fly to the Gold Coast in Queensland for a Youth Mentoring Conference that I am attending for work. Due to limited vacation days, Will won't be joining me for this particular trip, but I'm really excited about it as it is the first time I've been to Queensland! (and it will be really, really warm -- something that Melbourne hasn't quite been able to master yet this year)

I will be returning from Queensland on Thursday night, just in time to fly out on Friday morning to...

...wait for it...

...NEW ZEALAND!!!!

Yes, we will finally be able to send all of the post cards that people have been requesting. Cue at least five conversations I had before moving to Australia:

FRIEND: Wow, so you're moving to Australia, huh? Why not New Zealand?
ME [thinking]: What, Australia's not good enough for you?
ME [actually says]: I'm a little fearful of orcs and hobbits. I thought Australia would be a safer bet.
FRIEND: Oh, well, send me a post card when you get to New Zealand.
ME: steam comes out of me ears

Apparently unbeknownst to Americans, Australians quite enjoy the occasional laugh at the Kiwi's expense. It may be a beautiful country, but there are, in fact, many more sheep than people. And they say "sex" instead of "six." And "fush" instead of "fish."

SO THERE.

I digress. Despite my personal feelings about New Zealand, it has always been top on our list of places to visit while we're over here. And lucky for us, our friends from Atlanta, Colin and Kirby, inspired the trip by offering to meet us in Queenstown.

So Will and I are flying into Christchurch on Friday morning then driving to Marlborough for the weekend. We will then head back to Christchurch on Monday, stay the night with Will's old coworker, then fly to Queenstown on Tuesday morning, where we'll meet up with Colin and Kirby. Queenstown is known as the "Adventure Capital of the World" and is where bungee jumping was invented. So who knows, you may see a couple of pictures of Will like this:


[Will says: Or you may not.]

After a couple of days in Queenstown, we'll be flying into Auckland (on the North Island) for a day, then back to Melbourne on Saturday.

Colin and Kirby will then get to experience the awesomeness that is Melbourne (and Chateau de Stone), until we leave for Yarra Valley and the Great Ocean Road on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday Will and I head back to work -- just in time for me to plan a Thanksgiving Feast at my office! (people seem skeptical but I think they are all secretly excited to taste the exoticness that is pumpkin pie) -- and Colin and Kirby fly to Cairns. THEN on Friday Will and I are flying to Sydney to meet up with them one last time before they go back to the States on Monday.

Whew, it wears me out just thinking about it! But it will be uber fun. And of course upon our return we will have Christmas parties galore, tons of events (oh, what? that I'm planning? for 1000 people? surely you jest!), and THEN a trip to Tasmania for Christmas! More about that later...

So as you see, the Stones will be busy over the next few weeks, but true to form we will be sure to post lots of pictures once we get back!

2 comments:

  1. Excel 2010 data Microsoft Office 2010 Key analysis and visualization capabilities can track and highlight important trends. The Sparklines function using the new small Microsoft Office 2010 chart to a clear and concise expression data in a worksheet cell.Office 2010 with the use of these tools and the new Office of a large number of preset themes and SmartArt graphic layout, you Office 2010 can more vividly express their own ideas. Office 2010 Key

    ReplyDelete
  2. lunettes de soleil dolce et gabbana grand vendeur acheter a nouveau a partir de n'importe quel jour A + + + + +

    lunettes de soleil dolce & gabbana Vendeur Point Grande genial ...

    lunettes de soleil d&g Tres satisfait lunettes de soleil pas cher.

    lunette de soleil dior programme est a la menthe! transaction super!

    ReplyDelete