Thursday, July 16, 2009

All is Well...


Me and the family at the Empress Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand

A couple of people have recently pointed out to me that I've been back from Thailand for over a week and have yet to post a blog about my trip, about my thoughts, or even just letting people know I didn't get eaten by elephants while over there. Rest assured, there was no elephant-induced devouring (although they did get pretty up close and personal). My sole excuse for the lax blog etiquette is that my parents are in Melbourne for the week and I've been busy showing them around. It's been quite the experience, sharing a 600 sq. ft. apartment with four people and a precocious white puppy dog (although the worst part by far has been sharing the one computer with internet-- wars have been fought over less). This weekend we're going to the Great Ocean Road and Philip Island, to see Australia's version of the march of the penguins! I'll post more about that and about Thailand when we get back, but for now, here's some pictures to tide you over.


Just got finished riding the elephant


Me and the baby elephant


Getting into the Asian spirit

Monkey on my back? Who, me?

1 comment: