Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our First Big Trip

Travel arrangements are made, passports are in hand, e-ticket confirmations are safely in my inbox-- we're really going. Indonesia will be the first Big Trip of the Rolling Stones... well, besides the actual move to Australia, which I guess shouldn't be discounted too quickly.

We'll be visiting a friend of ours from college, Taylor, who has been living in Indonesia for the last eight months or so under the Fulbright Scholarship. We will get to see the village where he's been teaching, and see some real Indonesian culture instead of just the inside of hotels, which I'm excited about.

Here's our itinerary:

Friday, May 15 we fly from Melboure to Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, where we get another flight to Surbaya, Indonesia and finally arrive around 6:00 pm. We will spend the weekend in Surbaya and Taylor's village (as soon as I get the name of that I'll let you know!), and then on Monday we'll catch a plane to Bali. We will be in Bali from Monday - Friday, when we fly back to Kuala Lampur, spend the day there, and fly out the following afternoon back to Melbourne.

Now we have to plan what we're going to do while we're down there! Anyone ever been to Indonesia/Malaysia and have any suggestions???

We're both very excited!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, a few things. Taylor's village is called Kembangbelor. And for some reason I'm slightly hurt that there was no mention of Taylor being your good friend Carissa's fiance! Haha, see, I don't know if you know this, but I have a complex about not being acknowledged as such ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Can't wait to see pics of the adventures! Please take lots of the village, I want to see that! Also, isn't Darcy a free doggie now?? Will she just stay at a boarding place while ya'll take your trip?!?

    ReplyDelete