City Skyline
I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and a wonderful week since then. Will and I have been relatively busy. I'll start off by recapping our Easter weekend. I worked a couple of days, so we weren't able to go anywhere (but we are planning some pretty fun trips in the coming future! I'll let you know when those are set), but we had fun around town.
Easter is a four-day holiday here, so Will had a couple of days off work. Friday night we went to St. Kilda to a nice restaurant and had a FANTASTIC meal of steak and prawns (shrimp). On the way back we accidentally got on the wrong tram and turned off St. Kilda road into the middle of nowhere (well, obviously we were still in Melbourne and only one stop away from the main road, so I guess it wasn't the middle of nowhere... just nowhere we knew!). We got off at the next stop and were prepared to trudge back to the main road and catch the right tram this time, but when we disembarked, we were in for a shock-- the tram had dropped us off right smack in the middle of the Grand Prix race track. (You will recall that in the last post I mentioned that the Grand Prix was held in Melbourne just a few weeks ago. I never knew the track was completely open to the public.) So we wondered around, trying to find our way out. Those tracks are confusing, man.
We also went to the Botanical Gardens (Melbourne has one of the best Botanical Gardens of any city, and it's free!), and the Shrine of Remembrance last weekend. As pagan as the name "Shrine of Remembrance" sounds, it's actually a memorial that was built for all of the war heroes who died throughout the years. It's a grand, beautiful structure, and interesting to walk through.
This past weekend we didn't really do all that much that was interesting. Friday night we had dinner at the restaurant with probably the best view of Melbourne. It was right on the river, and there were beautiful views of the skyline. Other than that, we've been getting ready for Darcy's release next Sunday!!! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the day Darcy gets out of jail! We can't wait.
Easter is a four-day holiday here, so Will had a couple of days off work. Friday night we went to St. Kilda to a nice restaurant and had a FANTASTIC meal of steak and prawns (shrimp). On the way back we accidentally got on the wrong tram and turned off St. Kilda road into the middle of nowhere (well, obviously we were still in Melbourne and only one stop away from the main road, so I guess it wasn't the middle of nowhere... just nowhere we knew!). We got off at the next stop and were prepared to trudge back to the main road and catch the right tram this time, but when we disembarked, we were in for a shock-- the tram had dropped us off right smack in the middle of the Grand Prix race track. (You will recall that in the last post I mentioned that the Grand Prix was held in Melbourne just a few weeks ago. I never knew the track was completely open to the public.) So we wondered around, trying to find our way out. Those tracks are confusing, man.
We also went to the Botanical Gardens (Melbourne has one of the best Botanical Gardens of any city, and it's free!), and the Shrine of Remembrance last weekend. As pagan as the name "Shrine of Remembrance" sounds, it's actually a memorial that was built for all of the war heroes who died throughout the years. It's a grand, beautiful structure, and interesting to walk through.
This past weekend we didn't really do all that much that was interesting. Friday night we had dinner at the restaurant with probably the best view of Melbourne. It was right on the river, and there were beautiful views of the skyline. Other than that, we've been getting ready for Darcy's release next Sunday!!! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the day Darcy gets out of jail! We can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment