So it's that time of year again... Kim Fest!!!
[Pardon my abruptness in returning to blog land. Don't worry, I'll post again soon apologizing for the long absence (an absence that began by me saying, "I really should just post pictures of us going away for the weekend -- no need for long, descriptive text --, and then somehow grew to weeks and weeks of nothingness, to the point where I didn't even know where to begin. And then I realized what better way to get back into it than to talk about my birthday???)]
Tomorrow's my birthday, and true to form, we have been celebrating non-stop with different friend groups, shopping, and a no-homework-allowed policy for the past few days.
This weekend, though, has been evidence of many birthday miracles. First of all, in a two-week period of rain, cold weather, and overall gloominess, we had beautiful weather this weekend, just in time for the birthday picnic we had planned with my old boss (and current friend), her kids, another friend, and all of our dogs. Then today Will and I went shopping for a couple of work outfits and out of the blue I got 25% off of my purchase! And THEN, miracle of all miracles, I was taking Darcy out to go #1 and #2, when in the process I heard a great cover of "Don't Stop Believing" performed by none other than Glee (a song I have had a wonderful history with, beginning with excellent 80-band covers, peaking with an unforgettable, if not erroneous, Mexican rendition on our honeymoon, and slightly deteriorating by being faced with a certain generation gap during Summer School, when my students made it clear they had never heard of the song until Glee performed it). However, despite the pain it causes me to know that generations of kids have never heard the song "Don't Stop Believing" a la Journey, I must admit that Glee performs a pretty good cover (in my opinion, which I recognize is not a universal opinion -- but don't forget, I LOVE DUETS! AND BROADWAY MUSICALS!)
I digress.
So as I stand in the balmy evening air, watching my dog pee freely in the wind, listening to the beautiful ballad that is "Don't Stop Believing" performed by Glee, I decide that I must possess this song. So I run and run and run home, throw myself at my husband's feet and beg him to buy me this album for my birthday. He lifts my tear-stained face with his finger, and softly instructs me to look at our iTunes account and search for "Glee."
And there it was.
Knowing my weakness for duets and covers, he had already bought me the first three volumes of the Glee soundtrack, even though I've only ever watched three episodes (and yet loved every minute of them).
He knows me so well. And that is truly the best birthday miracle of them all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Happy Birthday Kim! Hope it is a wonderful one!!!
ReplyDeletehaha, that's hilarious. you're so dramatic. happy birthday!
ReplyDelete