Monday, December 7, 2009

Wish I had Time . . .

I wish I had time to tell you about everything that's going on. Time to tell you about our Thanksgiving holiday (or lack thereof). Time to tell you about the American food store we found (after renting a car just to get there-- what one wouldn't do for canned pumpkin and yams on Thanksgiving!). Time to announce our Christmas holiday plans with the proper pomp and circumstance that information like that deserves (because it's actually really cool, and I'm really excited).

But there is no time. Why? Because I am in the midst of Summer School, playing mommy to 120 kids from 10 countries around the world, living on a college campus, and basically pulling my hair out and losing my voice as I run from one emergency to the next before tumbling exhausted into bed after 14-hour days.

Maybe two weeks from now, when it is all over, I will have time again. And then I will tell you about Thanksgiving. And the American food store. And the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Dr. Pepper that I found. And the Thanksgiving dinner I cooked for 9 people in our 600 sq foot apartment. And our two-week holiday in Perth that's coming up (dang it, cat's out of the bag, WITHOUT the pomp and circumstance!).

Until then, think of me as I babysit my kids, and pray that no one dies or gets pregnant on my watch so I can please keep my job!

2 comments:

  1. PREGNANT!? Is that seriously a risk? Crazy rich kids traveling internationally to find an institution of high education and get knocked up. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, Crazy times...

    p.s visit my blog and read how much middle school is killing me!!!

    ReplyDelete